Founded in 1976 by Mike O’Conner and Michael Daley. As of 2018, Michael Daley has been running the press. Their mission is to publish work by poets who share Empty Bowl’s founding purpose, “literature & responsibility,” and its fundamental theme, the love and preservation of human communities in wild places.
- Irving Sandler’s Goodbye by Karen Wilkin, The New Citerion February 15, 2019
- Jack Estes traveled to England and Europe to visit Chas Mayhead, (‘Rumours: A Memoir of a British POW in WWII’) for his 100th Birthday. February 7, 2019
- Featured Poet: Pamela Stewart, “Ghost Farm” January 22, 2019
- Once upon a time… January 18, 2019
- Praise for Russell Hill’s The Egret from Mystery Scene Magazine December 26, 2018